Choosing The Right Slipper Bath For Your Home

 What Is A Slipper Bath?


When you are looking into designing your bathroom, you may want to consider going for something a little different. One option is to look into the world of cast iron baths and roll top baths. One of the most elegant and charismatic types of these, is that of the slipper bath.


This is a form of cast iron bath, which is higher at one end than the other, therefore allowing you to soak and bathe in luxury and comfort; giving you a lot of support for your back. There are varieties of slipper bath that are also double ended, with a dip in the middle. A notable feature of this style is that the plug and taps are in the middle, so they will not prevent you from enjoying a soak in a comfortable position.


Cast Iron bath Benefits


When you buy a slipper bath, you are making an investment in terms of your home. Some of the benefits of a cast iron bath include:


Heat retention - baths made from cast iron or copper retain heat well because of the materials that they are made up from (this is usually cast iron). This means your bath water will stay warmer for longer, resulting in use of less water and also meaning that you use less energy as you will not need to replenish the bath with hot water


Ease of cleaning - because of the enamelled surface they are extremely easy to clean, and doesn't tend to stain or pick up grime. Cast iron baths are also more hygienic as they don't provide anywhere for bacteria to multiply or thrive.


Strength - because of the materials that slipper baths are made from, they are very difficult to damage and therefore are durable and long lasting. This strength is the reason that bacteria build up isn't a threat, as cracks to live in are not something that form easily.


Size - the dimensions offered up by a single ended slipper bath, mean that they suit the more petite bathroom. This is ideal for those who want to bathe in luxury but have a little less space than they would like. This also makes them ideal for having in a bedroom, for an additional luxury experience.

Choosing The Right Slipper Bath For You


When it comes to choosing a slipper bath, then there isn't a clear cut best option. When you look into making the investment in a bath, you need to consider your budget; the room you will have it in and how much room you have available. A slipper bath is the ideal solution if you wish to have a stylish centrepiece to your bathroom but don't have the space for a full size roll top bath.




Whenever I think of children's slippers I always remember the things my Aunty used to buy me and my brother for Christmas when we were kids. They were horrible things with black rubber soles and a football motif on the front because we were boys. They still did what they were supposed to; keep our feet warm and to protect our feet while walking around the house. Every toddler should have a pair. I am going to describe some tips for you when choosing a pair of toddler slippers.


Take Them Along To Choose Their Own


I recently took my 20 months old daughter to buy her first pair of slippers. I had already got her a toddler backpack and I am now working my way through the list of must haves to keep her happy. As she seems to be developing her own little personality and knows exactly what she wants (but not why) I thought it'd be easier to take her along to choose her own. By letting her choose her own slippers I think she will enjoy wearing them more and actually get some use from them. There is always a danger as parents that we make choices for our little ones that don't tally with what they had hoped for. I am new to this and I am still learning.


Safety First


Being a first time dad I am always thinking of safety before other things. I am sure that as time goes by I will be less neurotic about such things. Something my daughter has done a few times is slip over on the hard tiled kitchen floor at home. So, when I started looking for her slippers I looked at the soles. I was looking for a good quality, non-slip sole. Whether that is rubber or something else similar it has to be non-slip. Another thing I was keen to test is how the slippers fitted her feet. I got her to choose some pairs to try from the shelf and had her walk around in them. Some were too flimsy and ill-fitting that her feet were sliding off the side of the soles and she found it difficult to walk safely in them. Others were better as they had more support as well as giving comfort.


Durability & Value For Money


Like many others I look to get the best I can afford at the time. I am a great believer in the saying "you get what you pay for" and even they are not the biggest purchase I will make for her I still want my little girl's toddler slippers to be the best I can find. Each pair she chose and tried on I got hold of them and gave them a push and a pull here and there. I was testing the stitching of the upper where it is attached to the sole. I twisted the sole to see how firm they were or whether they were too soft. Before we went I had already looked online at what was available, how they were rated and reviewed. I would be disappointed if the slippers I bought her only lasted a few weeks or even just a couple of months.


Eventually we both chose a pair of slippers for her in a conventional style with a TV character on the front that she adores. She is ever so proud of herself as she puts them on and wears them round the house https://www.babouches-gueliz.com. They are comfy, warm and look great. They have a good non-slip sole that is coloured to match the rest of the slipper's design. No more slipping on the kitchen floor and as winter approaches in a couple of months; as long as they still fit she will have nice warm feet on the cold mornings.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maximize the Germination of Your Vegetable Seeds

Electronic Cigarette - The Next Quit Smoking Device